The 2022 Championship field was filled as follows:
- Five male players and two female players per each Impairment Category with the best Handicap Index as of the entry deadline, if entries support those numbers, to include a minimum of three males and one female per each Impairment Category from the USA, if available.
- 20 spots in the field will be reserved for women, if entries support that number, to include a minimum of 50% USA players, if available; remaining places for women will be allocated based on best Handicap Index, as of the entry deadline.
- Players with the best Handicap Index as of the entry deadline, to include a minimum of 50% USA players, if available, to fill the field up to 76 places.
- Up to 20 USGA Committee Selections, to fill the field to 96 places; any Committee Selections not used will be returned to 3 above.
- Alternate spots will be filled based on where a player withdrew in 1-4 above.
Note 1: A player’s country will be determined by the player’s citizenship.
Note 2: Ties for players with the same Handicap Index for final positions in 1-3 above will be broken (i) by the unrounded values of the Handicap Indexes, and (ii) if still tied, by lot.